The Vernon Christian School International Program creates opportunities for friendships and mission-based activities around the world. Students and families will benefit from the infusion of new perspectives and experiences from different cultures, and develop an awareness of the interconnected nature of our world and our Christian faith.
Homestay is an important part of your study-abroad experience. Our Homestay Coordinator will arrange a friendly Canadian family for you to live with during your stay in the Vernon area. We carefully select families that provide a safe, comfortable and happy home environment for you, plus 3 meals every day and a furnished bedroom. All homestay families must pass our screening process, which includes personal interviews, a home inspection, and reference checks.
Homestay Host-Family Program
Bring the world to your kids… to VCS! Host an international student! VCS recently partnered with Choice Education Group to promote our school to prospective International Students in China. This year we have over half a dozen Chinese International Students in our high school.
Hosting international students is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about other cultures and develop far-reaching friendships across the globe. Often these relationships become life-long, and the benefits to your family of hosting international students continue long after the student leaves.
Some of the most important requirements, besides providing a safe, secure and welcoming home environment for the student are:
- To provide a separate bedroom for the student and use of laundry facilities
- To provide a healthy breakfast lunch and dinner daily, unless other arrangements have been made for the day
- To provide safe transportation to and from school each school day (car, walking, bus, cycling etc.)
- To orient the student to your family life, neighborhood, and city by including him or her in all family activities whenever possible
- To encourage the student to learn about Canadian culture, while you listen and learn about their culture as well!
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT COORDINATOR/HOMESTAY COORDINATOR
E. Click Here to Email
We’d absolutely love to have you join our school community. Learn more about the program, program fees and acquire your application form by contacting with our Admissions Director below.
ADMISSIONS + DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
P. 250.545-7345 (ext. 14)
E. Click Here to Email