Homestay Host-Family Program
As part of our international student program at Vernon Christian School, and in keeping with our mission statement of excellence in a Christ-centered community, we are looking for Christian families to be homestay families for international students.
Are you interested?
Hosting an international student is a life-changing opportunity to develop friendships, learn about different cultures, and to make connections between people and our Creator God that will last a lifetime!
Some of the most important requirements, besides providing a safe, secure and welcoming home environment for the student, are:
- To provide a separate bedroom for the student and the use of laundry facilities
- To provide a healthy breakfast lunch and dinner daily, unless other arrangements have been made for the day
- To provide safe transportation to and from school each school day (car, walking, bus, cycling etc.)
- To orient the student to your family life, neighborhood, and city by including him or her in all family activities whenever possible
- To encourage the student to learn about Canadian culture, while you listen and learn about their culture as well!
Please note that homestay families will receive $850 / month compensation to host an international student.