I am excited to share with you the great opportunity I have to travel to Uganda. Ever since our sponsored child, Vivian, came to sing as a member of the Watoto African Children’s Choir at Vernon Christian School I have desired to visit and help out at Watoto. I will travel to Kampala, Uganda, arriving Nov. 1 and returning Nov. 19. I will be volunteering at Baby Watoto helping with the babies and toddlers by feeding, playing, interacting, assisting the nannies in their daily activities. At the school I will be assisting in the Kindergarten class by helping the children with reading and writing English. I am so thankful to serve God as I go to serve these precious African children.
I am able to take three 50 lb bags of luggage. We have an opportunity to bless these orphans by helping provide new or gently used items. A list of “Needs” is below if anyone would like to contribute. Financial support is also very welcome to help towards the cost of travel and accommodations.
If anyone would like to make a donation to Watoto on my behalf, you may do so at the following link:
In the comments section please write: November Global Team-100. This code will be specific to me. The deadline for this is October 9 (you will receive a donation receipt).
Thank you for considering how you may be able to bless the orphans at Watoto. I especially appreciate your prayers during this time of serving these children of God.
– Alida Van Boven
Baby Watoto International Needs List
- White Burp Cloths
- Chocolate brown adult sized towels
- Bumbo Seats
- Baby Shoes 12-24 months
- Baby onesies 0-24 months
- Baby sleepers 0-24 months
- Baby shorts/pants 0-24 months
- Baby dresses 0-24 months
- Baby bibs plastic or cotton
- Baby sweaters 0-24 months
- Pyjamas 12-24 months
- Sippy cups 200-400 ml
- Avent Nipples all levels
- Evenflo Classic Nipples fast flow Level 1, 2 3
- Evenflo Classic bottle pack All sizes
- Dr. Brown Natural flow Baby bottles All sizes
- Similac component nipple system Premature nipples and rings Disposable, ready to use
- Nipples – used in NICU
- Pregestimil Formula and Natramigen High Calorie Premature Formula
- Baby Toys, washable, non-cloth or battery operated