February Board Update
The start of 2019 has kept the VCS School Board busy with current projects and planning for the upcoming year. A couple of highlights include:
- The VCS Board is actively seeking board member nominations for the June 2019 AGM, specifically, in the following roles. Nominations should be emailed to Garry Hovius, Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination deadline – April 30, 2019
- Chairman (term beginning November 2019): Previous experience in a board, business and/or leadership capacity.
- Employees Relations Committee Representative (term beginning June 2019): Previous human resources experience in an educational or business setting is preferred.
- Maintenance Committee Representative (Term beginning June 2019): Prior working experience in construction, facility and/or project management is preferred.
- Portables: The Board has approved and purchased 2 new portables for temporary teaching space to support the growth for our school. These portables will be custom built to our chosen specifications. We are excited for the ability to allow growth to our school.
- Gym Floor: the board was presented with the options for the EC Gym floor refinishing. The board has approved the replacement of our current gym floor with an Olympic grade, 7mm, Taraflex floor with shock absorption and fiberglass protection for multi-use purpose in both sport and entertainment.