Vernon Christian School is an interdenominational Christian School located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. We have over 400 students in a two-campus, K-12 program. VCS is seeking teachers and staff who can provide transformational education within a vibrant and growing
Vernon Christian School is hiring for the following positions for the 2020/2021 school year:
Kindergarten Teacher (full-time)
“As we explore the addition of a 2nd kindergarten class to our community, we are seeking applicants to work in close partnership with Mrs. Mitchell, our current and exceptional kindergarten teacher.”
Elementary Teacher – Intermediate focus (full-time)
Middle School Teacher – Gr.7 focus, General studies (full-time)
Core French Teacher – Gr.8-12 focus (full-time)
Learning Assistance Teacher – Elementary focus (full-time)
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with teaching staff & Student Support Services Coordinator
- Instruction – augmenting and partnering in classroom teaching and support
- Administrative duties (scheduling, assessments, student files, etc.)
Teaching Position Qualifications:
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ with active church involvement
- BC Teaching Certificate (or eligibility for BC certification)
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative staff and student learning community
VCS Administrative Assistant
The School Administrative Assistant assists in the operation of the school in lead support of the school’s administration team, including oversight of other office personnel The Administrative Assistant reports to the Principal and/or to other members of the senior administration team as directed by the Principal.
- Clerical and/or business training at a recognized institution would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office methods and procedures, including equipment (telephones, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, etc)
- Proficiency in the operation of computers, word processing applications, database systems, and additional software as is regularly used in a school
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Effective keyboarding skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written – in order to effectively serve staff, students, parents and the public
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as a team player with school-wide staff
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize and attend to multiple demands in the context of a “high-traffic” office space
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to school records and operations
- Ability to maintain accuracy when dealing with numbers, applications, reports, audits, budgets, etc.
- Conduct oneself with a professional attitude and appearance.
Duties and Responsibilities – including but not restricted to the following:
- Office reception: greet visitors, parents and students; answer & direct questions as appropriate
- Carry out various office-related communications to staff, students, parents, and external parties such as the Ministry of Education and Society of Christian Schools BC
- Complete purchase orders for office and school supplies and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Create school communication materials such as forms, handbooks, memos, newsletters, timetables, schedules, and reports
- Perform clerical duties such as mail distribution, collating, filing, recording, sorting, duplicating, etc.
- Maintain personnel files and data
- Maintain office records, such as petty cash and department budgets
- Schedule and assist with school functions and events as required
- Provide minor first aid as required
- Maintain student data system with regard to admissions, attendance, registration, transcripts, locker assignments, grade submissions, report cards, etc.
- Broadcast announcements over the P.A. system as required
- Engage in lifelong learning with respect to training, in-service, and courses of study
Compensation: to be determined, based on related experience and qualifications, in reference to compensation guidelines recommended by Society of Christian Schools BC.
Elementary and/or Secondary focus
• Committed follower of Jesus Christ with active church involvement
• BC Teaching Certificate (or eligibility for BC certification)
• Willingness to work in a highly collaborative staff and student learning community
Please submit the following to Matt Driediger, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Personal Statement of Faith
- Philosophy of Christian Education
Applications will be accepted for all positions until a suitable candidate is hired.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.